- a. Membership shall be based on scholarship in general and scholarship in French in particular, leadership in French activities, and interest, either in a group or as an individual.
- b. Membership shall be restricted to those actively engaged in the study of French in a secondary school.
- c. Candidates must be enrolled in the sixth semester of French or higher, i.e. the second semester of Level 3.
- d. Candidates must be in the 11th or 12th grade of high school. Exception is made for 10th grade students who meet the requirement “c” above because of work at the middle school level.
- e. Transfer students must have spent at least one full semester in the high school before becoming eligible.
- f. Selection of candidates shall take place at any time during the academic year, spring or fall, so long as all requirements have been met.
Scholastic Eligibility Requirements to be met by all students:
- a. Candidates must have maintained an A average in French during the semester of selection, as well as an averaged cumulative grade of A- for all work awarded secondary school credit.
- b. Candidates must have maintained a B average or higher in all other subjects during the semester of selection, as well as an averaged cumulative grade of B in all other subjects for work awarded secondary school credit. French may not be used to calculate this average.
- c. Students must take French both semesters in the Junior and Senior year to maintain membership and wear the SHF tassel at graduation. Exception for 11th grade students who complete Level 4.
- d. Students must maintain an A average in French to remain a member.
- e. Students must be actively involved in the French Club or in community service related to the French language or culture.
Students interested in joining should provide Mrs. Rzeszutko with your name, overall GPA, and ID#.