Brother Rice High School is currently seeking a highly qualified varsity head lacrosse, and water polo coach for the 2012-13 school year. Applicants must be able to fulfill the requirements for this position listed below. Please direct cover letter and resume to Athletic Director, Phil Cahill: pcahill [at] brrice [dot] org.
1. Valid Illinois teacher certification
2. ASEP certification
3. Can organize and supervise a total lacrosse program
4. Has previous successful coaching experience in high school or college
5. Must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of lacrosse
6. Must support the mission of Blessed Edmund Rice
Reports to: The Athletic Director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains thorough knowledge of all athletic policies approved by the Board of Directors and is responsible for its implementation by the entire lacrosse coaching staff.
2. Possesses knowledge of IHSA and conference regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff.
3. Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
4. Aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
1. Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff.
2. Designs conferences, clinics, and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
3. Trains, and informs staff, promotes professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance.
4. Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation with the team.
1. Assists the Athletic Director in scheduling, arranging transportation, and organizing requirements for tournaments and special events
2. Cooperates with maintenance and school employees
3. Participates in the budgeting function with the Athletic Director.
4. Operates within budget appropriations.
5. Assists the athlete in his college or advanced selection.
6. Maintains accurate inventory of equipment and supplies.
1. Organizes parents, coaches, players, and guests for pre-season meetings in addition to “Meet the Team” night each year.
2. Maintains good public relations with the new media, booster club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
3. Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments, and results as requested.
4. Markets the school as a viable option for prospective students.