Brother Rice is currently seeking a highly qualified administrative assistant to the athletic director. Applicants must be able to fulfill the requirements for the position listed below. Please direct cover letter and resume to Athletic Director Phil Cahill.
Position Available: December 16, 2013
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports To: Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director
General Functions: To assist and support the Athletic Director by creating, organizing, and distributing information and paperwork that assures the smooth and efficient operation of the Brother Rice Athletic Department.
1. Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly.
2. Proficiency in typing, spelling, punctuation, and composition of correspondence, minutes, knowledge of bookkeeping, proactive, highly organized, and self-directed.
3. Ability to deal effectively with people both in person and on the telephone.
4. High level of proficiency to use computers and software including Schedule Star, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
5. Excellent working knowledge of basic office procedures and the operation of common office equipment and machines.
6. Ability to meet daily attendance requirements.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding staff and student personal record information.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding employee issues, concerns, and/or disciplinary procedures.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student issues, concerns, and/or disciplinary procedures.
10. Strong knowledge of IHSA constitution and by-laws.
1. Takes notes from Athletic Director to type a wide variety of materials including correspondence, memoranda, bulletins, speeches and reports.
2. Perform regular secretarial duties, such as prepare office for the day’s activities, open and sort all incoming mail, and redistribute to person’s or departments, answer the phone, file, set up appointments, etc.
3. Answer and screen a multitude and variety of incoming telephone calls. Transfer calls, based on own judgment and discretion, to other offices.
4. Act as a receptionist for Athletic Director’s office by receiving and handling visitors, parents, and students.
5. Maintain athletic schedules, practice schedules, athletic eligibility, all game contracts, physicals, green cards, concussion forms, PED forms, and send schedule changes to all appropriate personnel and schools.
6. Maintain and collect all entry fees, officials’ fees, security fees, and all other additional assistance as needed.
7. Process all special payrolls for workers as needed.
8. Prepare information for printing of student-athlete handbooks, all athletic forms and cards, and all home game programs.
9. Order office supplies for the Athletic Department.
10. Maintain calendars for Athletics, Athletic Director, and all athletic areas.
11. Print tickets for games, banquets and special events as needed.
12. Request banks from the business office and prepare cash boxes.
13. Process open gym requests and schedule on Schedule Star.
14. Exchange and maintain all game contracts for all events.
15. Prepare, along with the head coach, coaching contracts for all out-of-the-building coaches.
16. Process entry fees for all home and away contests.
17. Process all transportation needs for the entire school, including but not limited to games, retreats, bus routes, activities, etc.
18. Process IHSA principal concurrence forms.
19. Process and maintain coaches’ qualifications: ASEP, background check, fingerprinting, Virtus training.
20. Assist as needed with the Circle of Champions, the Brother Rice Athletics Hall of Fame.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director.
22. Process all summer camp requests and develop a roster for each sport.
23. Work all home football and basketball games in a variety of duties.