Dual Credit & AP Courses
Dual Credit Courses
The Dual Credit Course opportunity consists of 7 junior and senior level courses which are accredited as college level courses. This program is executed in conjunction with Loyola University, Moraine Valley CC, and St. Mary’s University (MN).
- IT Essentials, 7 Credits (Moraine Valley)
- Physics, 4 Credits (St. Marys)
- English III, 3 Credits (St. Marys)
- English IV, 3 Credits (St. Marys)
- German IV, 6 Credits (Loyola)
- French IV, 6 Credits (Loyola)
- Spanish IV, 6 Credits (Loyola)
Advanced Placement Courses
There are 15 Advanced Placement level courses available at Brother Rice, beginning in sophomore year. Our pass rate hovers between 70-80%, compared to the state norm of 60%.
Between the Dual Credit and AP programs, it is very common for Brother Rice graduates to enter college with AT LEAST one semester worth of college credit hours. This makes our students much more attractive to colleges and passes along significant savings
to their families.