Be Exceptional Leadership Award
Be a Crusader, Be Exceptional has become the daily challenge to our students. Being exceptional is about more than scoring well on an entrance exam and getting good grades. We recognize and value the contributions of time and talent that our young men demonstrate within their communities. It is within this spirit that Brother Rice High School is pleased to introduce the Be Exceptional Award.
Potential students with a proven track record of being a positive contributor in their local community are encouraged to nominate themselves through this link for this award.
To be considered:
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (or grammar school equivalent) during your seventh grade year. Grades must be maintained for the entire 8th grade school year.
- Be involved in extracurricular activities or community service projects
- Sign off approval on this form from current school in regards to exemplary discipline, academic qualifications and extra-curricular school programs. Scan and Submit to BeExceptional@brrice.org
- Email a letter of recommendation from a member of your community that recognizes your individual talent to BeExceptional@brrice.org
- Submit essay to BeExceptional@brrice.org – Describe a time in your life where you faced adversity and how you overcame it. (500 words or less) The essay must be created in a Google or Word Document and sent as an attachment.
- Application packets must be received by Friday October 9th, 2020
Application packets will be reviewed by the Be Exceptional Scholarship Committee. Students that meet the criteria will be invited to participate in a personal interview.
Invitations for interviews will be sent by October 16, 2020.
The Be Exceptional Awards Night is scheduled for Wednesday November 18, 2020, 6:00 PM