UPDATE: Brother Rice will be on an eLearning format until April 10. Spring break will be April 13 – 17, and we will return Monday, April 20.
- Students can expect a full school day of learning filled with both instruction and assessment. Students should expect these eLearning days to encompass the same amount of time as a normal school day.
- Teachers will utilize Schoology and a number of other tools for interactive and daily instruction.
- All teachers will post assignments on Schoology by 9:00 a.m. each day.
- Teachers will be accessible (via computer) during normal school hours. Teachers will communicate two 30-minute time periods that they will be available to answer any questions.
- Students are required to turn in assignments within 48 hours of class time or else they will be marked absent for that class. If students do not submit the work, they will receive a “0” and an unexcused absence for the day.
- Students will be expected to actively engage in daily instruction and complete all assignments by the established deadlines given by their specific teachers.
- Counselors will be available to assist with academic advising. Students are recommended to contact them via email.
- Counselors will continue academic and college advising as well as processing any type of scholarship or transcript requests.
- Effective immediately, all non-essential upcoming events are also being cancelled or postponed. This includes athletic games and practices, Kairos, our school play, and all overseas travel.
- All athletic practices, onsite and offsite, out of season workouts and lifting, and all competitions have been suspended until further notice. Athletes must take home ALL of their belongings from the locker room. All athletic lockers must be completely cleaned out by Monday, March 16, by 10:00 a.m.
- Special events, including Career Day and Circle of Champions dinner, have also been cancelled or postponed.
We will continue to monitor the Illinois State Department of Health, the Illinois State Board of Education, and the Archdiocese of Chicago for information as it is released, and communicate any changes to parents, students, and faculty.
While the building will be closed for the next few weeks, please be assured our faculty and staff remain accessible via email and will be more than happy to answer questions or address concerns you may have. Thank you for your continued support.