Dear Parents and Graduates,
The following is a description of our July 12 graduation plans for the Class of 2020. Please adhere to the timelines given, so that we may maintain social distancing guidelines and have a great event for our graduates. Prior to the event, please hang up your gown.
On the morning of July 12, the graduation ceremony will begin at 9:30 on BRTV. There will be welcoming remarks, speeches, and the valedictorian’s address to the senior class. From 11 am to 2:30 PM, students and their families, up to 15 people, are invited to come to Brother Rice for their graduation ceremony at their allotted time.
Brother Rice TV Live Stream Links
Upon entering the building near the main entrance on Pulaski, students will follow the hallway and pick up a card for the speaker, flowers, and have the opportunity to take pictures along the way. Once the group arrives at the courtyard, the student will hand his card to Mr. Augustyn who will read his name aloud as he walks across the stage to receive his diploma cover.
This will be a great time for parents and families to take pictures of the graduate crossing the stage. We will also have a professional photographer taking photos and you will receive that information in your graduation envelope. Once the student crosses the stage, he will stop for his official envelope that contains his diploma and medical records among a few other things. From there, we ask that you go to your cars and leave so that we do not have crowds developing.
Here are a few guidelines to follow for this ceremony:
- Please wear a mask while walking through the school.
- Maintain all social distancing guidelines (there will be marks on the floor for clarification).
- Please bring as few cars as possible to Brother Rice and park in the parking lot near the main entrance.
- Please use the following time frame to come to Brother Rice:
- 11:00 am – Acevedo – Cimaglia
- 11:30 – Colander – Drobitsch
- 12:00 – Duran – Harris
- 12:30 – Hennigan – Loughney
- 1:00 – Loughney – O’Hara
- 1:30 – O’Leary – Ross
- 2:00 – Sheehan – Zemgulys