It is hard to believe that we are coming to the end of the school year. As I told the seniors, the graduating class of 2020 will NEVER be forgotten. What a year it has been for all of us! I am so proud of the work that our teachers and students have put into eLearning. I genuinely believe that we did not skip a beat and that your son(s) continued to receive a first-rate education.
I also want to wish a happy belated Mother’s Day to all of our Crusader moms. Your dedication to your student and Br. Rice is essential to keeping our mission alive.
There are a couple of housekeeping items for you as we end the school year:
- The last day of the semester will be on Friday, May 15.
- Report cards will be mailed around June 1.
- There will be a couple of time slots for students to come to school to clean out their lockers. Most students have already taken care of this, but if not, every locker cleared out by June 1.
- Prom and Graduation are still being planned for July 10 and July 12. I will be in contact with more details as we get closer to the events.
- All summer camps in June have been cancelled and currently being rescheduled. We are hoping to offer some camps in July and August. More details to come.
- Summer Physical Education is cancelled this summer. If your student was planning to take the class, he may take it next summer as an alternative.
- The first day of school next year will be August 19. Orientation for freshman, sophomore and junior students will be on August 18. Seniors will not have an orientation.
- You must complete your senior surveys on Naviance before your final transcripts are sent. Part of the survey is letting us know where you will be going to school next year and what scholarships you have earned. If you have trouble logging in, please contact your counselor. All seniors must complete this survey.
- Seniors, your Chromebook is no longer being managed by Brother Rice. You should be able to log into your Chromebook using any email address at this point and have unrestricted Internet access. If your login screen still says “managed by Brother Rice,” you may disregard.
- You must transfer all email and Google Drive docs, sheets, or presentations that you wish to retain to your personal email/drive account. If you do not have your account, you should create one immediately. On July 15, 2020, your Brother Rice email and Google Drive account information will be deleted.
Thank you for your continued support of our school and students. Let’s finish the year strong!
Bob Alberts ’85
Follow me on Twitter @PrincipalBR